Friday, January 05, 2007

Costa Rica!

Here I am in Costa Rica! I flew in to San Jose, we arrived last night at midnight. Pam and I flew out of Boston at 11:55(ish) yesterday morning, arriving in Miami at around 3:30 pm. Our flight out of Miami was supposed to take off at 8:05, but the flight was delayed (getting in late from Venezuela, I believe), and we ended up boarding a little after 9. The flight was about 2 hours and 15 minutes long, and then we landed in San Jose! Once we got to the hotel (La Amistad Inn) we had a quick meeting and then headed off to bed.

Today was action-packed. We woke up at 7 and headed off to the Organization for Tropical Studies to have a brief meeting about different national parks around Costa Rica and their conservation efforts. Then we went to INBio, where I saw lots of great animals and took many wonderful pictures. I'll try to post them when I have internet again, which might not be until I'm back in San Jose on the 24th of January.

Now, I'm very tired so I'm going to go to bed. We have to get up at 6 tomorrow and be on the road to Palo Verde by 7. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again, but until then hope you are all enjoying the winter!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Allison,
I am so glad that you have a blog. I love reading blogs, and just finished all your wonderful food blogs..you are quite good with the pictures, by the way. Have a great time, learn alot, enjoy the ride along the way. Looking forward to hearing about your adventure, and I am sure somewhere you'll pick up a yummie receipe or two. Aunt Julie

8:45 PM, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

Allison,

Cool! I am so excited that we can share in your journey! I have your blog saved in my "favorite blogs" section... will check in often so I don't miss any of the action! Be safe and have fun!

Michelle (Jason, Adam, and Nick)

10:22 PM, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home